Friday, October 25, 2013

Fall 2013 Trip to Kansas City - The First Few Days

I arrived on Monday and today is Friday.  Marilyn flies in around noon and we will spend a couple of days here in Kansas City before we head down to Wichita area to visit our cousins, Andy and Lois Sciolaro.  My sister Anola and her husband, Peter, left Tuesday for China.  We missed connections on a Skype call last night but she sent a video message which I will show Mom when she gets up.  I know she will be relieved to see that they got there just fine.

Mom with Diane
I have had chance to meet the young ladies who come every morning and evening to make sure she is taking her pills:  the right ones on the right day.  They are both lovely and caring.  Diane, shown here with Mom, is completing her nursing degree and is both cheerful and very competent.  Mom enjoys their visits even though she continues to insist that she can take the pills on her own without them.  I just tell her to humor us.

Nadine is one of the people who sits at Mom's table for dinner.  She is a lovely person.  She shared something last night and broke me up.  "You know, I sleep on one side of my bed for a week and then switch to the other side for a week.  That way, I only have to wash the sheets every two weeks."  I like it!

I spent around an hour on the Country Club Plaza a couple of nights ago seeing what photos might be there.  While I had seen the Nelson-Atkins Museum including the new addition many times, I had never seen it at night.  It is stunning.  Even though I didn't have time to get the tripod set up and had to hand hold the camera, I couldn't resist getting some shots of the museum and the Four Rivers Fountain.  There are some other locations down there for night photography and I plan on returning tonight and getting even better shots.

Mom and I have been scanning several of her photo albums including her memories book from St. Vincent's Academy where she went to high school.  I will be making a selection of those and posting them on line.

Click here to view the Plaza Night Photos Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment