Monday, October 7, 2013

Trip to Charlotte - Fourth and Final Day

Sunday was a busy day.  Marcie had to work and left for the hospital around 7:30.  She got caught up in some involved cases and didn't get through before I had to leave.  The night before, Liam and Marcie went to some friends for dinner and a bonfire, something of a tradition.  I was given an out and so stayed home, rested after that busy day and got to bed early.

As soon as Aidan was up and after Liam ran out to Dick's to get a place kicking tee and a couple of regulation footballs, the three of us went up to the middle school field so Aidan could practice his kicking.  I took a lot of pictures so Liam could coach him.  Here are two sequences that I put into video format.  The first part is a field goal attempt and the second an extra point.



We had to hustle home and collect Marin to get her to her soccer match, about 45 minutes north of home but close to the airport where I had to catch 3:50 flight back home.  We also had Eibhlin and her little friend along.  I was glad I got to see her play while I was here.  She had a match on Saturday but I was in Pinehurst watching Liam play football.

Another fast Pickett on the soccer field!
Her team and Marin played a great game in what could only be described as a hot, summer day.  The temp was 90 degrees.  They played an undefeated team to a 2-2 tie.  Marin played center back and made a number of fine plays.  She played every minute of the match!

You can see more photos of Marin playing soccer in the Charlotte Soccer Album in Google+ Photos.  Make sure you navigate toward the last part of the album to see her.

Liam got me to the airport right on time and my flights were all on time or a little early.  I got home a little before 9:00 just after Marilyn pulled in from her day in Buffalo.  Good to be home.  We relaxed with some popcorn and watched the season opener of "the Good Wife," one of our favorite shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment